Friday, February 7, 2014

Bacon & Eggs

Originally posted by Life Member Steve Morgan.

God bless, Scott Johnson


I have the pleasure of working with 2 of the most amazing leaders in the world named Chris Brady and Orrin Woodward.  Their thinking has changed my LIFE forever.  I never thought I would be working directly with the #7 & #12 Leadership Guru’s in the world.

I would like to tell you a story that I heard in my journeys with this amazing group known as LIFE.  The
story goes like this:

A little boy was sitting at breakfast one morning and his father was making him some egg’s, toast, bacon and orange juice.  The smell filled the whole house and he was so eagerly waiting for the plate to be sat down in front of him.  His stomach was hungry and his favorite food was bacon.

As his father brought the plate to the table with the hot food on it, he said “have I told you about bacon & eggs yet?”

The boy said ” I have no idea what you are talking about.”

The father said “There is a big difference in what it took for the bacon and eggs to hit this plate.”

The boy responds hungrily ” yes they are from different animals”

Passionately the father pulls the plate back and says ” The chicken only had a good interest in this breakfast but the pig was committed son, that’s the kind of commitment it takes to win in LIFE. The all in type.”

I know it’s a fun little story, but have you witnessed someone trying to win at something with just a good-interest effort?  I have, and it’s kind of sad, because it only takes a little more effort and more consistency to be great.

I hope that this story will help you in your journey of LIFE, to be the committed winner that it takes to do something great.

I remember being scared to be committed, it was much easier for me to back out of things when I just had a good interest.  I had always liked having a way out.

Parting thought: “Be the Bacon.”

Like Orrin Woodward and Chris Brady always say ,”Dream Big”

Steve