Wednesday, November 13, 2013

What Was Stopping Me!

My wife and I are a part of Life Leadership and have been for a couple of years now. It truly has been wonderful to be a part of something as great as Life. Even though we ourselves haven't really been doing anything with it until now, we have seen so many people walk away from their jobs and become debt free in just the two years that we have had the opportunity to be a part of this. This business really does give the average person the opportunity to make something of themselves and truly succeed in their own lives.

 For the longest time while sitting back and watching so many others succeed in this even though we were seeing it happen with our very own eyes we still couldn't even do the simplest thing which is contact others about the business and the wonderful opportunities that it gives them in life. When I look back on the last couple of years of my life I get so frustrated and angry with myself. I could have at least been job optional by now and have my freedom. What gets to me the most is the fact that I didn't have the courage to just do it. I was afraid, afraid to contact people about a wonderful opportunity that this could give them. I guess if I were to try and pin point it down to one thing it would the fact that I was worried about what others would think of me. I went out to my garage the other day and was listening to an old CD by Chris and Terri Brady. On that CD I heard Chris say not to worry about what others think, their not going to be there for you when you need them. Their so busy worrying about their own little problems and their not going to show up in the middle of the night to help you with a significant problem, maybe a close friend or family member, but most people won't be there, but the people in this room will. I started thinking about that and realized he's right. I've had problems in the past and most of my so called friends wouldn't be able to help but on the other hand the people on my team are always there for me no matter what. It doesn't matter if they were sick or not feeling well, tired, or just didn't feel like it. They are always there for my wife and I no matter how insignificant that problem might be.

You're going to try things in life and you're going to fail more times than not. Everybody fails in Life. The ones that truly achieve success are the ones that keep trying. I am so thankful that my wife and I haven't quit over the past couple of years. There have been numerous times that I thought to myself (why am I spending money on a business every month that I'm not even doing). The answer was the information and the fact that I knew this worked. I've seen it work for so many people. The problem wasn't the business. You have to work the business in order for the business to work for you. That's true for any business. The problem was us. In order for us to succeed in Life Leadership we were going to have to change some things because if we keep thinking and doing things the same way all the time, our lives aren't ever going to change. So it's going to have to start with us. We still need to grow in certain areas of our lives before our lives are going to change. The problem with America is everybody wants to look successful but nobody wants to earn it! They think it should be handed to them and if somebody has more than them somehow it's unfair. It's not unfair, it's fair when you have a chance and as long as we're around you'll have a chance-(Chris Brady).

I'll tell you this: My three year old daughter and eight month old son will never remember that their mom and dad ever had a job because we're doing this. I don't care what other people think anymore. I don't care if they tell me I'm stupid for doing this. I don't care if they tell me I'm sorry you sunk to that level. I don't care if people tell me that this is a last ditch effort that people go to to try and make money. I don't care if people tell me that this is a scam or pyramid. Because it isn't! This business is paid based on performance only. You will make a little bit of money off people you bring into the business, but they will make more than you if they build a bigger business. This is different! I don't care if people tell me I'll never make it in this. It doesn't matter, Doesn't matter, Doesn't matter, Doesn't matter, Doesn't matter, Doesn't matter, Doesn't matter. I don't care what other people tell me I can't do. I'm tired of it. I'm through taking advice from people who don't have what I want out of life. I'm tired of taking advice from people who are just as broke as I am. Everybody and their brother has an opinion about what I do, but they never have a better idea about becoming job optional and getting my freedom back. So I'll take the advice from the people who are willing to teach me how to do that. I'll take the advice from people who will drive 2 1/2 hours just to help me build my business, not just so they can make money off of us, but just because they truly do want us to succeed, they really do want us to achieve something that most aren't willing to do.

Orrin Woodward once said "success is the progressive realization of a worth while goal or dream, we need to be progressing towards our goals and dreams". You know what most peoples lives are? Most peoples lives are dream until their eighteen and struggle the rest of their lives! Why did Emerson say most men live lives of quiet desperation. I don't want to live a life of quiet desperation and I won't! Look, I don't care if it takes me 2 years or 10. It doesn't matter. I'll tell you this: if you could do this for the next 2-5 years and I mean really put your all into it for 2-5 years and get your freedom back and not have to work another day in your life would you do it? Five years goes by pretty fast when you get to be my age. I'm 42. This works!

Do you want to know why I'm doing this? This is my Why right here!

I want to be able to spend everyday with my kids, I always want to be around for them, I want my wife to come home from her job and never have to go back to work again, I want to not just teach our children but show them that there is a better way. I want to be able to just go on on a trip and not have to come back because of a so called job, and most importantly I just want to get out from the shackles of debt, the financial stress that it causes. I want my children to know that life doesn't have to be about constant arguments and endless fighting about finances, and all the pint up anger that it causes because of all the stress that comes with it.

I don't care if I have to drive 10 hours to build this. It truly does not matter to me. I know I'm doing this. I don't need anybody I know to get in this for me to succeed at this. I'm doing this with or with out you. I'll be there to help anybody succeed at this, but I'm not waiting for you. I'm doing this. No matter what may come into or happen in my life, I'm going to succeed in this.

What I love about this business is that you have to serve others before you get what you want or need out of this. You have to help the people you bring into this environment succeed before you become successful. What my wife and I realized is that this is different. These people are different. We're in business for ourselves but not by ourselves. We build this together as a team. They have a vested interest in helping us succeed at this because our success is their security. This isn't bring a bunch of people in and see what sticks. This is bring a bunch of people in and help them succeed at this by building it together. No one is left alone here. We're all in this together. I never had people just voluntarily want to show me (a nobody) how to become successful. This group of people want to do just that and they are. They pride themselves as standing on truth, character, and integrity. You can either take the advice of people you know or you can take advice and learn from people that have what you want. You decide. You could probably take the 5 people you hang out with the most and add up all their annual salaries, divide that by five and I bet you make within 10% of that amount.    

God Bless,
Scott Johnson